What is The Unbalancing Act?
Blogging since 2011 as a mummy blogger who created a space for parents to come together in their search for “I’m so glad I’m not the only one” moments, I’ve since gone on to blog about parenting, relationships, mental health, weight loss, blogging and many cups of teas in hectic moments. This blog is a culmination of all of those things for a diverse collection of people to come together and realise they are definitely not alone.
If you’ve ever cried from tiredness whilst feeding your new-born at 3am; felt like you’re doing parenting all wrong; grieved over a broken heart; struggled with your mental health or weight or realised that they can sometimes go hand in hand; got so wrapped up in a book you forgot the bath was running and/or drank one too many hot drinks of choice in moments of crisis – this blog is definitely for you.
I’ll be covering life as a working mum, mental health, relationship struggles, career struggles, aspirations and motivation, any recipes that are family friendly and/or worth trying because they just taste amazing, books I’ve read and anything else that feels reader worthy during this uphill battle to get life right.
I might share posts from some of my previous blogs if they are relevant. Post’s you should definitely read now are:
- Stay Organised in 2019 with this Free Printable Weekly Planner
- 12 Truths About Being A Working Mum
- Dear Me… You’re Going To Be Okay!
- Surviving Your First Mothers Day Without Your Mum
- 8 Ways To Keep Your Sex & Love Life Alive When Life Get’s Busy
Why The Unbalancing Act?
Even though I’ve been blogging for some years now, I’m still learning and growing. My first blog (A Real Mummy Diary) was probably my most successful because I knew who I was at that moment in my life and parent blogs really blew up in the years where I started blogging. Right now, I’m just a lady who’s surviving and wants to share this journey with others – to share, inspire and emphasize.
This blog exists because no matter what I do, writing is a passion of mine. From poetry to just writing for the sake of it, it started with a love of reading and ends with my life and passion being shared online.
Who Is Behind The Unbalancing Act?
Some people already know me, some don’t. I’m Shareen, a 28 year old Londoner raising a future Queen and King since 2012 and 2014. My little indulgences include getting my nails done, bubble baths, and desserts. I had my gallbladder removed in January 2019 and I’m trying to stay away from chocolate and foods high in fat. My motto for everything is One Day At A Time which doesn’t mean I don’t have goals and aspirations, just that I focus on making daily progress so I don’t overwhelm or disappoint myself.
Random things about me
- Mum to Miss 7 and Master 4; Wannabe Wife to Mr A (I’m still waiting for a ring!)
- Born and raised in London, UK with aspirations to move to Chelmsford, Cardiff or out of the UK completely.
- Lover of books – mainly fiction.
- I still need to lose about 20lbs… let me know the healthy ways you’ve lost weight if you have any!
- I have suffered with my mental health since my teens and have experienced self-harm, depression, post-natal depression and chronic anxiety. I’ve tried medication in the past but I’m currently medication free, seeing a therapist once a week and only dealing with anxiety.
- I am a terrible online window shopper. I have £££’s worth of online baskets full with things that will never be bought. I manifest that this won’t always be the case and one day I will have enough money to buy what I want, when I want. Amen!
- My photography skills are close to zero so please have low image expectations for this blog!
If you’ve gotten this far, then thank you. I hope you’ve recognised and related to some of the things you’ve read today.