Being a blogger isn’t just about producing content and keeping the masses entertained individually.
Being a blogger is about being a part of something bigger – a community of people sharing parts of themselves for the world to see, relate to, judge and even troll. But it’s not all bad because on this journey you also find discovery. You discover people you’ve never met but feel such a deep connection to because of something they’re sharing. You realise you’re not alone and maybe even find some new friends a long the way.
These are the blogs I have enjoyed reading or coming across recently for those reasons mentioned above.
- This Stuff is Golden – I’ve been following this blog for a while now and I love the creator Lauren too. Some of her posts have helped me through some seriously hard times and I will always take the time to check in when I can to make sure she is alright because without even realising, she has been there for me inadvertedly through her posts.
- She’s A Working Mum Blog – a blog by three working mum’s which means three insights, three realistic accounts and three times the desperate tears. I did enjoy reading the past posts on here which are worth a read BUT the blog isn’t very active anymore so if it’s regular posts your looking for, this might not be the blog for you.
- Selfish Mother Blogzine – Basically, a place full of posts by mums, shared in once space. Founded by Molly Gunn, I love being able to find raw and blunt honesty about being a working mum and life in general under one roof. Whether it’s part-time or full-time or even working from home – being a working mum isn’t easy. This blogzine understands!
- Not Another Mummy Blog – My favourite post on here has to be “Bad Mums Club – I Work Full Time & I Love It” because it links back to point 9 of my post about working mum truths. We shouldn’t be made to feel any type of way about our choice to be working mums. Times have changed people!
- Happy Working Mum – Another blog that isn’t so active anymore but you can still find a wealth of good posts from back to school and and organisation to self-accomplishment and tips to deal with stress.
- Mandy Garner on Workingmums Blogs – Mandy’s posts address everything from the time she had a bad week to the fact that not enough parents know about tax-free childcare. Her posts are more informative than funny and blog-eque but they are definitely worth reading.
- Her View From Home – I found this blog after stumbling across a post titled “When I Want to Run Away From Home – I Remember this” which after reading, I wasn’t sure whether to cry in relief that it wasn’t just me or cry at the fact it was possibly normal. I love pretty much all of the posts on here.
- Hurrah For Gin – Best mum blog since I became a mum and found it. Aside from the ever relatable topics and their equally funny illustrations, the products she makes are awesome too.
- Mummy It’s OK – This blog resounds with me deeply because of my own mental health struggles since becoming a mum, especially after the birth of Master 4. Mummy It’s OK is the blog of a working mum addressing mental health and life.
- Digital Motherhood – A working mum blog (just like mine) with an awesome post about a day in the life of being a working mum amongst other awesome posts. Love the Blog name as well!
- Not A Frumpy Mum – I’m not sure if this is a working mum but she is a mum with some good reads.
- The DADventurer – not a working parent blog BUT the posts and tweets from Dave are worth reading for just the parent side of life.
- Scary Mommy – I think maybe the only American blog to be featured in this post but it covers so many relatable and controversial topics that it’s worth popping on and having a catch up. A range of topics from everything pregnancy related to friendship and health & wellness – there’s something for everyone.
Are there any blogs or posts you’ve read this year that have left a lasting impact on you? Or is there just someone you’ve met through the blogging world you want to say thank you too?
Drop me a comment below or Get @ me on Twitter!