So to recap, in 2018, I met no planned goals but I did achieve plenty including going from part-time temp work in a contact centre to a full-time contract apprentice HR role. I’m completing the CIPD qualification I’d been looking into and I finally opened up my Help To Buy ISA. We still have our yearly goals; 5 year plan; and 10 year plan as a family and couple but I am also working on my personal monthly goals too.
– Start and finish one devotional on YouVersion – I’ve chosen “Choosing REAL” which is a 7 day plan.
– Pray every day: I’ve set a reminder on my phone!
– Meet all objectives at work
– Hand in/be on target with any work for my CIPD HR course and pass
– Maintain the home budget spreadsheet
– Save agreed minimum in the HTB ISA
– Recover from gallbladder surgery
– Find a therapist to work with long-term to help with my anxiety and other issues
– Drink 2 litres of water a day
– Work out 3x a week when physically possible
– Lose 2kg
– As Mr.A has agreed to lose weight with me, I think we are going to join Slimming World online and give it a real go.
– Making things work with the new after-school Nanny is going to be KEY this month and the next.
– Make time on the weekend to do something together as a family.
– Finish reading “Happy for No Reason”
– Start and stick to reading one of the new books on my Kindle Fire
– Post at least 1 blog post a week
– Promote my new blog posts on at least 2 platforms, regularly.
So even though it seems like a lot when broken down, it really isn’t. Some of these are physical goals, some are mental goals and some are goals that only require action a few times a month.
Did you make any goals for this month or this year or did you decide it was best to minimise the pressure and try a year without goals? Drop me a comment below or Get @ me on Twitter!